For students, teachers, and partners alike, iCons offers advantages that transcend classroom walls.
Students in the iCons program receive invaluable training.
- Problem-solving through science, engineering, and business
- Multidisciplinary teamwork
- Student-driven learning based on interests
- Peer and near-peer mentoring
Faculty who teach for the iCons program bring education to a new level.
- Addressing the role of science in solving global problems
- Emphasizing practical applications for scientific concepts
- Empowering student inquiry and research interests
- Promoting accountability in science through sound methodology
Graduates from the iCons program have a head start.
- Superior communication, leadership, and teamwork skills
- Focused knowledge of real-world problems
- Interdisciplinary research skills
- Networking for careers and graduate school
Organizations, corporations, and institutions that support iCons are both benefactors and beneficiaries.
- Engagement with dedicated students and faculty
- Access to research and training
- Role in advancing STEM education
- Involvement in developing sector-relevant case studies