Come see what problems iCons students have worked on this Spring 2017!
Thurs May 4 (3:30-5:30): iCons 4 Senior Research Expo -- Posters and Talks (ISB Atrium / 135)
Fri May 5 (3:30-5:30): iCons 1 & 2 Poster Session and Annual Energy Debate (ISB Atrium / 135)
Wed May 10 (1:00-3:00): iCons 3 Genomics/Energy Labs -- Innovation Posters (ILC S110)
iCons Senior Research Expo (Thurs May 4, 3:30-5:30, ISB 135): Come check out what this year's iCons seniors have accomplished. Most iCons seniors will present posters, but four seniors have been nominated by their research advisors to present lectures on the following:
- Andrew Grant (Environmental Science)
- Title: “How do Temperature and Stream Flow Affect Stream Ecosystems?"
- Research Advisor: Dr. Allison Roy, Environmental Conservation
- Ari Gilman (Chemical Engineering)
- Title: “Two-Dimensional Materials: On the Edge of Glory”
- Research Advisor: Dr. Dimitrios Maroudas, Chemical Engineering
- Alyssa McQuillan (Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Public Health)
- Title: “Small Heat Shock Proteins: Therapeutic Potential in Combating Protein-Misfolding Diseases”
- Research Advisor: Dr. Elizabeth Vierling, Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Angela Essa (Biology)
- Title: “Can Changes in Diet Reduce Breast Cancer Risk?”
- Research Advisor: Dr. Kathleen Arcaro, Veterinary and Animal Sciences
iCons 1 & 2 Poster Session & Annual Energy Debate (Fri May 5, 3:30- 5:30pm, ISB 135) Come see this year's combined finale for iCons 1 and 2 students, featuring a poster session on research projects, and the Annual Public Energy Debate on the following question:
- Which proposal will feasibly create a quantifiably and qualitatively positive impact on campus sustainability that starts within the next 5 years and continues thereafter?
- Eco Doors
- Alternative Lawns
- Low-Flow Showers
iCons 3 Genomics/Energy Lab Posters (Weds May 10, 1:00-3:00, ILC S110): Learn about the original research findings of students in iCons 3 Lab courses: Gene and Genome Analysis and Lab Discovery in Renewable Energy.